Friday, September 17, 2010

Best sporting event of all time – US Open in NYC


Anyone who knows me well knows that I’m obsessed with the US Open.  I spent two nights there.  The first night I went with Alisa Baker, Carly Mattson, Ellie Marble, Jenn Wheeler, Maria Merrill.  We had a great girls night out and enjoyed watching Federer win his match.  The second night was spent with Kaitlin, Susuda, and John (yes, we are still friends after traveling together for almost 80 days).  We cheered Nadal on to a victory!  The match ended around 10:45 pm but we wanted to watch an exhibition match with Martina Hingis, Anna Kournjkova, Pat Cash, and Mats Wilander…..so we stayed until 12:30am.  The Open just sucks you in and you never want to leave!  

PS - we are true fans because it was FREEZING cold and we stuck it out!





1 comment:

  1. Sara,

    You have such a fun life and I am stuck in the Burg cleaning house, doing laundry, making bread, emptying garbage. But I did one exciting thing today - cut the beautiful sweet peas in the garden and brought them in the house. They have such a wonderful fragrance! Also made a beautiful arrangement of gladiolos. Tonight I get to go out to dinner for mango chicken (not too thrilled about that) but the coconut cream pie sounds good.
    And we get to see ABBA Mania. After seeing it last night in Pocatello!! It was a good concert but Dad has to tell one of the performers that her skirt is way too short for the BURG and BYU-Idaho. Glad I don't have his job. President Clark is attending the concert and Dad is nervous!

    But, alas, I have never been to the US Open. I can never remember what "love" means. Did you see Regis there? I do Loooooooooooooooovvvveee Regis. He's my man! (Don't tell Dad!)

    Mom/Marsha

    ReplyDelete