Monday, September 20, 2010

The place where stressed out New Yorkers go to unwind - Rhode Island

Many of you know about my obsession with Rhode Island.  I believe it’s the most underrated state in the US.  I simply can’t get enough and would love to live there some day.  Since I haven’t struck it rich yet, I’ll have to live with my annual Rhode Island vacation to Boulder Cottages.  A couple friends and I organized a trip with 33 of our “closest” friends to spend a weekend at Boulder Cottages (http://www.bouldercottagesri.com/Home.html) in Charlestown, RI. 

The weekend was jammed packed with delicious food, tons of candy, trips to Walmart, trips to the beach, apple picking, campfires, Morp (dance party), kayaking, relaxing, and laughing.  It was a fun filled weekend that just flew by too fast.  On our way back into the city several cars stopped by Mystic, Connecticut.  Just our luck, there was a food festival going on.  Being the foodies that we all are, we couldn’t resist sampling a few of the local specialties. 

The ride back into the city was uneventful.  All we could talk about was how much fun we had and how we couldn’t wait to return.  Watch out Boulder Cottages, we’ll be back in 2011!

PS – Thanks to Eddie, the caretaker and my Uncle’s brother-in-law, for taking care of us and making our trip so enjoyable.












No comments:

Post a Comment