Monday, September 20, 2010

The sunshine state - Sun City, Florida

I took a trip down to Florida to visit my Grandma and Grandpa Sparhawk.  They live in a very lovely retirement community packed full of swimming pools and golf courses.  I decided that as soon as I meet the age requirements to join the community I’m moving there.  I could get used to going to the pool two times a day and driving a golf cart to the grocery store and post office!

My grandparents were great hosts.  They made me some yummy meals and showed me some of their travel videos of Thailand (to prep me for my trip there next month) and told me all about the world cruise they went on about 10 years ago (I must have their travel genes).  I slept in every day and then we went to the pool every morning and most afternoons.  One evening they invited over some of their friends to have key lime pie (I’m kind of addicted) and I showed them pictures of my travels from earlier in the year.  We had a great visit and I was sad to leave them.  Don’t worry G&G, I’ll be back to visit soon!  Thanks for a great, relaxing vacation.









No comments:

Post a Comment