Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Whirlwind Trip to My Two Homes - NY and Rexburg

After spending less than 24 hours in NYC (just enough time to sleep, go to breakfast with Liz Hansen and Jenn Wheeler at Norma’s, and pick up some clothes in my storage unit in Brooklyn) I headed back to JFK to catch a flight to Salt Lake City.  I had a couple of hours to kill at the airport before the bus arrived to take me to Rexburg so I sent out a desperate plea on Facebook for some generous person to bring me Café Rio.  A few amazing friends offered but good old Nancy Franz came through with flying colors!  I can always count on her to take care of me.  I had about five minutes to scarf down my delicious pork burrito before I had to load the bus.  After a five-hour bus ride I finally arrived in Rexburg at about 1am.  Here I would be for another less than 24 hours stint.  I slept, did laundry, and attended my little brother Andrew’s graduation ceremonies at BYU-Idaho.  As soon as his graduation was over, my family (everyone except Adam and Liesel) piled into a car to make the 14 hour trek to the Oregon Coast for a family reunion.  




No comments:

Post a Comment