Thursday, December 2, 2010

Feels like Christmas - New York, NY

I officially have the Christmas spirit!  It's kind of hard not to when wandering around the streets of NYC this time of year.  Today I strolled past the windows at Saks.  They were pretty but not very holiday-ish.  So, needing a little more excitement, I headed over to Rockefeller Center to see the famous Christmas tree.  Yep, seeing this tree sealed the deal.  Usually I hate being surrounded by so many tourists but for some reason today they all just faded into the background.  It was wonderful!

Next up was a walk through Central Park with a steamy pumpkin spice steamer from Starbucks.  It was pretty cold outside but that didn't stop me from enjoying the beautiful scenery around me.  I watched the ice skaters for a bit and couldn't help but fall in love with the city again.  The skyline behind the rink was breath taking (even if I could see someone putting out fake snow around the rink).  New York is trying very hard to keep me in this city!!!  

PS - it looks like they have a rabies problem in Central Park











1 comment:

  1. It almost makes me want to visit the Big Apple again! I would like to experience Christmas in New York --- ONCE!

    I'm up at midnight which is highly unusual for me because I'm trying to get ready for Dad's department Christmas party -- at our house!!!
    Lots of pressure! The table looks great. Now if I just don't ruin the prime rib.

    Mom/Marsha

    ReplyDelete