Saturday, November 13, 2010

Thirty, flirty, and thriving – San Francisco, CA

Yep, I turned the big 3-0 when I was in San Francisco. Most people dread turning 30 but for some reason I wasn’t torn up about it at all. Maybe I didn’t mind because I would be starting out my 30s doing what I do best….traveling the world and having fun. Now, check back with me when I’m turning 31 to see if I still have the same outlook on life!

The day started off with a dance party in the living room….thanks to Lizzy and Taio Cruz (Dynamite). Perfect way to wake up! Lizzy, Dan, Ruel, and I woke up super early to go to breakfast at Mama’s. Yum, yum, yum. If you know me, you know I LOVE breakfast food! After breakfast Lizzy and I went and got manicures (another thing I love).

In the afternoon I met up with two of my favorite friends, Mark Pahnke and Marina (Mo) Olsen, to go to Alcatraz. I know it’s a weird thing to want to do on your birthday, but I’ve been dying to go and it couldn’t have been a more perfect day. The weather was absolutely gorgeous – 80s on Nov 3rd -- not too shabby. The tour was very interesting and was definitely worth the trek out there. In fact, I would go again in a heartbeat. The views of SF were incredible. I’ve never seen the sky so clear when visiting SF. The weather was truly a special birthday treat.

That night Dan, Lizzy, Mark, Ruel, and I went to eat at One Market. Dan’s friend is a sous chef there so it came highly recommended. The food was divine and everyone left completely full. If you are in town you should definitely check this restaurant out. Afterwards we went to Coit Tower, one of my favorite places in the city, for a great view of the city. I love seeing the city all lit up at night. Breathtaking!

We ended the perfect birthday with some amazing pumpkin cake (thanks Lizzy for making it) and then we watched an episode of Modern Family. Life simply doesn’t get better than this. Here’s to another amazing 30 years!!!








































3 comments:

  1. Lizzy WAS there to dance dance dance dance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all sounded great except Alcatraz. I never want to go there. I prefer looking at life through rose colored glasses.

    Mom/Marsha

    ReplyDelete