We loved the resort. We chilled by the pool, explored the property, played in the warm ocean water and walked along the private beach. One day we hired a long tail boat to take us around the Phi Phi Islands. We stopped in Pileh Bay, and Loh Samah Bay to snorkel. The views were amazing! The boat ride was an adventure to say the least. We were in a small boat and we tackled some pretty big waves as we traveled between islands. Memories of my Fiji boat ride came flooding back and I became super nervous and maybe screamed a bit when huge waves came our way. Sara and Matt just laughed at me and thought I was overreacting. I swear I wasn't! It was definitely scary at times. Thank goodness we had an amazing driver who kept us safe and sound.
One evening we took a Thai cooking class. It was really fun. Our instructor was great and the food was delicious. We were pretty impressed by our cooking skills! It was fun learning about the spices used in Thai cooking. We made the following dishes:
- Yam Nuea Yang (BBQ beef salad with chili and celery)
- Thod Mun Pla (deep fried curried fish cakes)
- Tom Yum Goong (sour and spicy prawn soup)
- Gaeng Khiew Wahn Gai (chicken green curry)
- Broccoli Phad Moo (stir fried pork and broccoli)
- Crong Craeng Naam Kathi (sticky rice dumplings)
Phi Phi treated us right and I think we all plan on coming back someday! Hopefully sooner than later.